Gear Engineers worldwide use visual interpretation (AGMA 1010-F14) as the standard used to analyze gear tooth condition, such as contact patterns, alignment and wear patterns. With this, clean gear teeth are a must.
CLEANSOLV High Flash EP is designed to remove contamination and lubricant buildup on girth gears and pinions prior to inspection. This is accomplished by cleaning the girth gear while in production, minimizing downtime. Cleansolv HF EP contains high levels of EP additives to protect the gearing during the cleaning process. The actual time of cleaning a girth gear is under an hour. If using the ASTM E2905 inspection method, there is no need to wipe the gear teeth down or rinse after, to remove residue as in Magnetic Particle or Dye Penetrant methods.
Gear Engineers utilize visual interpretation to analyze the gear teeth condition, such as contact patterns and wear patterns; hence, a clean gear set is a must. Clear or translucent lubricants still require cleaning to conduct a thorough visual inspection, as the lubricant can obstruct critical details on the tooth surface.
Procedures that used to take days can now be completed in less than an hour. Using this procedure, gears are safe from damage due to the specifically formulated CLEANSOLV HF EP. As a result, gears are fully cleaned and ready for inspection faster than ever before
Why work with this?
When you can have this?
Cleansolv HF EP Technical Data
- Safe and user friendly, this non-corrosive product is safe on all metals and is designed to rapidly clean gear surfaces
- High Flashpoint of 160F (71C)
- No hazardous solvents such as Stoddard or chlorinated solvents
- No large special pressure sprayers or pumps to deal with
- No rinsing or wiping after cleaning with additional chemicals
- Follows ASTM E2905 Standard for girth gear cleaning
- Exceeds ASTM D5183 for Coefficient of Friction
- Over 20 years’ experience in large girth gear cleaning
- Full training programs available
- Made in the USA
- Attractive Pricing